A large number of small businesses straight away think emails, internet advertisements and social media when conceptualizing marketing campaigns.
Failure to keep in mind direct mail marketing is unquestionably doing an injustice to the business. Direct mail refers to a communication sent to prospective clients through the mailing service and various other delivery services. Direct mail is sent to clients determined by factors like age, occupation, income, place, purchasing pattern, etc. Direct mail is a tested, dependable approach which makes use of time-tested practices to get substantial results. But you’ve got a powerful enemy – the dustbin. The individuals take a look at mailing envelope and select to open it or throw it into the dustbin. Read on for some important tips on Direct Mail Marketing.
- Unique colours: Use the mailing envelopes of identical weight and size, simply change the colour from white to something different or even more striking like yellow.
- Unusual shape or size: Deliver your communication in a jumbo-size envelope or in a square envelope or use a tiny envelope. Keep in mind that the package must comply with mailing rules for shape and size, and fit through a standard mailbox.
- Personalization: Put the prospect’s name on the front of the package.
- Cartoon: You can even place an attractive cartoon on the envelope.
- Teaser: It must be obvious at a glance that the communication is addressed exclusively to your reader. Make use of words which connect to the prospect’s interests or identity. Feature a gripping picture or use anything else which intrigues your potential customer and motivates him to open the envelope.
- Spend more time on effective teaser copy: If you are using the teaser copy method, then you need to devote sufficient time for the teaser copy of the envelope as you do for the sales page. You will get a lot more orders from your direct mailings simply from more letters getting opened alone.
- Use involvement devices. Stickers, stamps, scratch-offs, attached notes, seals and various other widgets are useful in making a good impact if you have the budget.
- Make your list and check it: Simply purchasing lumps of leads won’t give the same results as creating your personal direct-mail campaign.
- Offer incentives: High-quality direct mail also excites the reader with a tempting deal. By adding a discount coupon, bonus or free trial you can encourage him or her to say yes.
Watch a video on Direct Mail Marketing Tips
Simply because direct mail is not a modern method doesn’t mean it isn’t useful. It’s really a great method to reach prospective customers who are hard to reach via email.
Direct mail is likely to make an impact on the reader’s mind far more than any internet advertising. Physically having something in your hands influences far more than reading an email.